- 2nd Saturday of the month @ 11:00am- Baptisms in English
- 3rd Saturday of the month @ 11:00am- Baptisms in Spanish
201-796-3521 ext: 204
SPONSORS (I.E. GODPARENTS)
Parents, with the help of sponsors, are to instruct the child in the practice of the faith, sharing their faith, teaching them about God’s love, praying with them, and making sure they grow to become responsible and morally mature Catholic Christian adults.
Because the role of sponsors is so important, parents should make this choice wisely.
- At least sixteen years of age
- A fully-initiated Catholic, that is, they have to have received the Sacraments of:
- First Eucharist
- They must be people who are active Catholics (that means they go to Church and are living out a Christian life!!)
- If there are two sponsors, they must be of opposite gender
- If a sponsor is married, that marriage must be recognized by the Church